Joe Avila Flooring Consulting
We provide wood floor consultation services for new development projects, as well as existing structures in need of troubleshooting and expert evaluation of wood floors.
Through our consulting services, we are able to support developers and architects with expert knowledge and informed guidance. With proper flooring system designs, informed material selections, and well executed installations, incidents of flooring failures can be greatly reduced.
- expert advice
- assistance in specification development
- value engineering
- material selection
- qualifying of contractors and suppliers
- on-site inspections
Many of the projects National Wood Floor Consultants completes whether it’s pre-construction consulting or inspections takes us to projects all over North America. Our clients expect the quality of their wood floor to perform as it was intended. The consulting projects involve meeting with clients during the design-build process and review of all the construction, wood flooring specifications, environmental and subfloor testing requirements.
Once the wood floor type is selected, we work closely with the installation team to ensure the best possible installation.
When the flooring fails whether it’s for one reason or another we work closely with the insurance companies construction defect teams or law firms preparing for a construction defect case.
As a NWFA Certified Inspector, we complete a detailed forensic investigation to identify the causation of flooring failure.
Once the investigating is complete, we compile a comprehensive investigative report.
· Specification Development
· Project Management
(Quality Assurance Inspections)
· Floor Failure Prevention
· New Project Scope Development
· Finish Manufacturer Specifications
· Adhesive Manufacturer Specifications
· Construction Documents
· Design Documents
Please join us for our two credit courses,Wood Flooring Trends-Wide & Long Planks (AIACES109502) (CEU-105205) and Wood Flooring in Commercial Spaces (AIACES109503) (CEU-105259) on 04/18/19 between 1PM-230PM at Downtown Floor Supplies. We will be covering the latest trends to hit the American market in flooring. The National Wood Flooring Association will submit the forms to IDCEC and AIA for your CEU’s approval.
Seats are limited please sign up fast. Lunch will be served. Please contact Huggins Wood Floor Specialist at 908-232-6600 for more
Joe Avila Floor Consulting
Changing realities continually reshape the building industry. Competitive pressures and economic constraints demand that knowledge of key trends and solid practices be applied to all aspects of construction. Whether a new building or restoration, the success of every enterprise, large or small, depends on carefully managed attention to detail.
The flooring system is a major cost element in any construction or restoration project. Floors are more complex than they appear. As part of the developer’s due diligence in value engineering it’s essential to analyze the design and specifications of flooring systems before work begins. Troubles after the fact can be economically disastrous. Flooring problems look unsightly may affect proper equipment functioning, and compromise the integrity of an entire structure.
Joe Avila has a keen knowledge of concrete leveling and sub floor systems. In modern high-rise buildings, where sound attenuation has become a necessity, this expertise is essential to the success of the flooring installation. If the concrete slab isn’t leveled to a maximum deviation not exceeding 1/8 inch in any 10-foot radius, the floor may fail. As to the sub floor, creating an effective sound-deadening system requires know-how in combining the most appropriate materials and methods.
Joe Avila Consulting offers a solution to potential problems, including:
- Over forty years of technical expertise in the analysis and structural design of entire flooring systems, from concrete slabs to finishing.
- A wide range of experience in consulting for new projects as well as troubleshooting flooring problems and failures.
- Expertise in the supply chain of hardwoods, from forest sources to wholesaler to distributor to mill.
- The skill, knowledge, creativity and track record to advise on all aspects of flooring construction and installation.
- The experience to provide practical solutions for all wood flooring issues and problems.
Joe Avila is a time-tested expert in all aspects of hardwood flooring and has consulted on major building projects in New York Cit.
Joe Avila is the founder and president of Joe Avila Flooring Consultants, Inc. and The Joe Avila Flooring Company, Inc., established in New York City over 20 years ago.
Mr. Avila is an acknowledged expert in all aspects of hardwood flooring, both commercial and residential, including:
- Specifying hardwood flooring systems from sub floor to finishing
- Wood types and species, domestic and imported
- Sourcing the wood supply chain from forest to mill to job site
- Performance characteristics of all wood types, including seasonal variations and moisture content
- Wood product evaluation for both solid and engineered wood
- Sound installation practices focusing on problem avoidance
- Post installation troubleshooting, particularly in assessing and solving performance problems in all types of wood flooring systems.