07 Mar 7 Tips for Choosing the Right Colour for Your Hardwood Floor
Today, wood flooring is available in so many colours that there probably exists a product to match just about wild design idea you may have. It’s important to keep to certain guidelines in order to avoid making some costly and embarrassing flooring fashion mistakes.
Here are some simple but powerful tips to keep in mind when deciding on a wood floor colour.
1. Avoid using dark colored floors in small rooms with dark walls, it’ll just make the room look gloomy and dense.
2. While darker shades usually translate into a more formal look, they also bring out the warmth in other elements of decor.
3. If the room has a low ceiling, go with light coloured walls and light flooring colour.
4. If the ability to conceal scratches, small dents and dust is a must, go for natural colored hardwood floors in matte finishes.
5. If you prefer a classic look, go with natural unstained wood or traditional shades of brown, such as chestnut (gunstock) or walnut stains.
6. Dark and black tones are a popular choice for chic and modern interiors, artists’ studios or urban condos.
7. Lastly, take full advantage of flooring samples! While photos of interiors and virtual decorator software may give you a general idea of what the end result might be, nothing will inform your decision better than seeing the floor color on-site, in natural light.
What colours are you thinking of using? Contact us today